The Best Essay in Medical Humanities Competition
Students, please consider submitting your essays and creative writing for the Best Essay in Medical Humanities Competition!
- Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
- First place prize: $250; Second place prize: $100; Honorable Mention: $50.
- Essay must be written for an approved Medical Humanities course (see current and past courses).
- Essay must be written and submitted during Spring 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020.
- Papers must be between 5-25 pages (minimum of 1,250 words and maximum of 6,250 words).
- Creative works are eligible (and may be shorter than 5 pages) -- see note below**
- Student does not have to be a declared minor in the MDHM program.
- Winners will be announced by the end of April 2020.
**For creative or digital projects, please include a brief statement for reviewers that address the following questions: "How did this project incorporate research into its design and construction? What ideas does this project communicate, and how does it seek to communicate them?"
- Format: PDF
- Cover sheet containing:
- Your name
- Project title
- Class project was produced for
- Class's professor
- Subsequent pages: The submission itself
Note: winning essays will be posted to the HRC Student Projects site and may be used in promotional materials for the minor. By submitting your essay for consideration, you agree to having your work publicized should you win. If you have any concerns about this, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!