The Humanities Research Center's Diluvial Houston Initiative invites recent PhDs from the Rice University School of Humanities who will have received their degree between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2020 to apply for one Postgraduate Project Manager Fellowship. The fellow will divide their time between their own research and assisting with the administration of the Initiative and the Center for Environmental Studies.
Work-related duties may include:
- Serving as managing editor for and launching Cultures of Energy, a new public humanities website for energy and the environmental humanities, presenting content (reviews, interviews, blogs, podcasts) drawn from research, teaching, and outreach associated with Diluvial Houston & the Center for Environmental Studies
- Coordinating a yearlong virtual series of speakers and events in environmental and energy humanities to serve Diluvial Houston, the Center, the ENST minor, and graduate environmental humanities
- Assisting with internal and external publicity for Diluvial, Center, and ENST activities as needed by HUMA’s Director of Communications
- Curricular review, research, and development of undergraduate offerings in the ENST program and graduate offerings in environmental and energy humanities
- Managing and administering arts and outreach events, particularly associated with the Solar Studios
- Coordinating the efforts of associated faculty, postdocs, and predoctoral fellows and organizing regular meetings of the associated participants
Salary: The position is a full-time, benefits eligible, one-year appointment. The fellow will receive an annual salary of $55,000.
Eligibility: All graduate students in the Rice University, School of Humanities who will have received their degree between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2020 and will be in residence in Houston from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. Applicants must have demonstrated research interest in environmental studies and have excellent communication, administration, and time-management skills.
- Cover letter indicating research experience in Environmental Studies
- Three page CV + names and contact emails of two faculty members and/or employers who would be willing to provide recommendation letters upon request
- 500-word research project proposal
In order to apply, please click on this link.
Contact: Adriana Chiaramonti (email@example.com)
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.